We are currently accepting applications for the following positions:
After-School Program Activity Leader
After-School Program Activity Leader (Durham-Wide)
Provide leadership and supervision to children in the After-School Program. Implement lesson plans, ensure children participate in all activities, while ensuring the safety and well-being of all participants.
Program Assistant, Program Coordinator, and Director of Children and Youth Recreation Programs
Provide supervision and leadership to program participants.
Provide a safe, structured environment for the participants.
Ensure that the participants’ needs are met and that they are enjoying the program.
Ensure that the Members’ Rules of Conduct are carried out in the program
Act as a role model for the participants conducting oneself in a respectful, cordial, mature and responsible manner.
Adhere to the Principles for Healthy Child Development.
Take the time to research and to plan assigned program activities, making activities innovative, motivating and interesting to our Members.
Maintain acceptable appearance in uniform and personal hygiene at all times.
Work with and provide directions to the volunteers and students.
Attend staff meetings, trainings, and planning sessions as required.
Responsible for helping to clean the program areas and other maintenance duties as needed.
Act as a representative of BGC Durham and help promote the Club by example and being of service to parents, volunteers, and other clients as the need arises.
Maintain regular, positive and consistent feedback to parents when they are signing out their child/children.
Complete written documentation as required and submit to supervisor in a timely fashion.
Follow and practice all health and safety rules in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the Public Health Act.
Ensure that supplies and equipment are adequate, safe and in good repair.
- Flexible hours are required, dictated by programming needs
- Monday to Friday, hours typically fall between 2pm and 6pm, must be available to begin by 2:30pm-3:00pm
- Required to work in a variety of settings including outdoors and in the pool
- Experience in programs for youth 5-18 years of age and knowledge of child development
- Excellent communication skills
- Familiar with the High Five Principles of Healthy Child Development
- Knowledge of fitness and nutrition
- First Aid and C.P.R. certifications
- Punctual, meticulous, and reliable
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please only apply if you are available to begin work by 2:30pm-3:00pm and indicate which of the follow areas you will be able to work in: Ajax, Bowmanville, Newcastle, Oshawa, Pickering, Whitby.
Provide general maintenance and cleaning to the Eastview facility, adhering to all COVID-19 safety protocols and ensuring a clean and safe environment. This role is also responsible for completing the COVID-19 screening process for those entering the facility.
Director of Maintenance
1. General maintenance and cleaning
2. Adherence to all COVID-19 sanitization protocols for the facility
3. Completion of the COVID-19 screening process for those entering the facility
4. Ensure cleaning logs are accurately updated
5. Closing of the facility at the end of the evening, ensuring the building is secure and the alarm system has been activated
6. Maintain acceptable appearance, including safety boots/shoes, and personal hygiene at all times
7. Other duties as assigned
- Flexible hours are required, dictated by rental and program needs
- Evenings and weekends depending on the rental or program scheduled
- Required to work in a variety of settings including indoor, outdoor and in the pool area
- Must be able to lift 25lbs and operate some mechanical equipment eg: floor cleaner
- The Eastview facility is a multi-level facility. Must be capable of utilizing stairs on many levels
- Experience in building maintenance
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Clear Police Records Check, including a Vulnerable Sector Search
- Punctual and reliable
Please submit your resume to email@example.com.