Currently accepting applications for:
Program Activity Leader
Please scroll down for more details
Director of Finance
Reports to: Executive Director
The Boys and Girls Club of Durham (BGCD) is looking for a results driven individual to join the team on a full-time basis as the Director of Finance. As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, this position will involve working collaboratively with the entire Boys and Girls Club of Durham team in order to manage the overall financial plan of the organization. This role will include the intricate day to day financial responsibilities of a not-for-profit, including, but not limited to: payroll, financial reporting, annual operational and capital budgets, and audit preparation.
- Responsible for leading the Administration Team, including annual performance reviews
- Administer bi-weekly payroll and payroll deductions including Canada Pension Plan, Employment Insurance, RRSP and Pension contributions
- Collect and interpret financial data to prepare reports in areas of income and expenses both monthly and annually
- Amalgamate and revise program budgets into an agency wide budget for presentation to the Board of Directors and Donors
- Prepare monthly financials for the Board of Directors Meetings and other Committees as needed
- Manage and direct accounts payable and accounts receivable function
- Administer Benefits Program
- Ensures the financial resources of the Club are managed in an accountable and transparent manner
- Record hours worked, process time records, compile payroll statistics for approximately 80 employees
- Prepare reports required by regulatory agencies
- Prepare annual operating and capital budgets
- Prepare bank reconciliations and make bank deposits
- Advise management regarding insurance coverage for protection against property losses and potential liabilities
- Arrange and participate in the organization’s audits of accounts
- Other duties as assigned
- Position is 40 hours per week
- Work to be done from the Boys and Girls Club of Durham – Eastview location in Oshawa
- Some evenings and weekend work required as necessary
- Infrequent travel to attend Club activities, conferences, and events as deemed necessary
- Post-Secondary education in Finance, Accounting or related field. Related work experience may also be considered in lieu of education.
- Experience in a Not-for-Profit role
- Comprehensive knowledge in QuickBooks and Ceridian systems
- Strong background in accounting principles
- Valid Driver’s License and access to own vehicle
- Current Police Records Check including a Vulnerable Sector Search
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong financial acumen
- Solid Leadership and People Management skills
- Highly adaptive to working with a variety of software programs
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to work efficiently to adhere to deadlines
- Strong problem solving skills
- Financial and Risk Management skills
- Expertise in data analysis and reporting
- Ability to work collaboratively with all BGCD staff and Stakeholders
Submit Cover Letter, Resume, and salary expectations via email to email@example.com by Wednesday, November 25th, 2020.
Program Activity Leader
After-School Program Assistant, Coordinator, and Program Director
Provide leadership and supervision to children in the After-School Program. Implement lesson plans, ensure children participate in all activities, while ensuring the safety and well being of all participants.
Provide supervision and leadership to program participants.
Will provide a safe, structured environment for the participants.
Will ensure that the participants’ needs are met and that they are enjoying the program.
Will assure that the Members’ Rules of Conduct are carried out in the program.
Will act as a role model for the participants conducting oneself in a respectful, cordial, mature and responsible manner.
Will adhere to the Principles for Healthy Child Development
Will take the time to research and to plan assigned program activities, making activities innovative, motivating and interesting to our Members.
Maintain acceptable appearance in uniform and personal hygiene at all times.
Will work with and provide directions to the volunteers and students.
Will attend the staff meetings, trainings, and planning sessions as required.
Responsible for helping to clean the program areas and other maintenance duties as needed.
Will act as a representative of the Boys and Girls Club of Durham and help promote the Club by example and being of service to parents, volunteers, and other clients as the need arises.
Will maintain regular, positive and consistent feedback to parents when they are signing out their child/children.
Will complete written documentation as required and submit to supervisor in a timely fashion.
Will follow and practice all health and safety rules in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the Public Health Act.
Ensure that supplies and equipment are adequate, safe and in good repair.
- Monday to Friday - flexible hours are required, dictated by programming needs, hours typically fall between 2pm and 6pm
- Required to work in a variety of settings including outdoors and in the pool.
- Experience in programs for youth 5-18 years of age and a knowledge of child development.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Familiar with the High Five Principles of Healthy Child Development.
- Knowledge of fitness and nutrition.
- First Aid and C.P.R. certifications.
- Punctual, meticulous, reliable.
Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to include the locations you are interested in working at. Currently accepting resumes for the After-School Program until August 28th, 2020.